Toothpaste is commonly known for its dental hygiene benefits, but it can also be used to remove spots and stains from various surfaces. Here’s a short tips how to remove spots with toothpaste:
- Gather the necessary materials: You will need non-gel toothpaste (preferably white), a clean cloth or sponge, and water.
- Identify the spot: Determine the type of spot you want to remove. Toothpaste works best on small, surface-level stains such as scuffs, ink marks, or mild discoloration.
- Test a small area: Before applying toothpaste to the entire spot, test it on a small, inconspicuous area of the surface to ensure it doesn’t cause any damage or discoloration.
- Apply toothpaste: Squeeze a small amount of toothpaste directly onto the spot. Use your finger or a clean cloth to gently rub the toothpaste into the area in circular motions. Make sure to cover the entire spot.
- Let it sit: Allow the toothpaste to sit on the spot for a few minutes. This will give it time to work on breaking down the stain.
- Scrub gently: After the toothpaste has had some time to work, take a clean cloth or sponge and dampen it with water. Use gentle scrubbing motions to remove the toothpaste, working from the outside of the spot towards the center.
- Rinse and dry: Once you’ve removed the toothpaste, rinse the area with water to remove any residue. Dry the surface thoroughly with a clean cloth.
- Assess the results: Check if the spot has been completely removed. If not, you may need to repeat the process or try alternative methods depending on the nature of the stain.
Remember, toothpaste may not be suitable for all types of spots or surfaces. It’s always important to test in a small area first and exercise caution to avoid damaging delicate materials.
Here is more details about Remove Spots With Toothpaste
Remove ink stains
A little toothpaste is placed on the stain, carefully rubbed, rinse with cold water and a sponge after 15 minutes.
Clean a mirror or glass
A little toothpaste is applied to the mirror and then removed with a damp cloth. After a few minutes it is cleaned with a dry cloth.
Read more: Remove Oil Stains within minutes
Clean the cell phone screen
Apply to a corner of the cell phone screen but it is off.
Clean the shoes
If the shoes are made of plastic, you can brush the toothpaste without rinsing.
Are you tried to remove old oil stain from polyester? Here is our comprehensive guide to easily solve the problems: Remove Old Oil Stains From Polyester
Clean kitchen accessories
Apply the paste to what you want to clean, leave it to act for 10 minutes, and then rinse with warm water.
Put a little toothpaste on your hands, leave it to act for two minutes and then rinse with warm water.
Apply a layer every day leaving it to act for one hour and then rinse.
Apply a little of the paste on the jewels, leave it to act for five minutes and then rinse with cold water, then shine with a dry cloth.
With a small brush put toothpaste on the iron, rub gently until all the burned part is removed.